(No he doesn't wear this onesie every day. He just seems to give me the best smiles when wearing it. Actually . . . maybe I should have him wear it every day.)
Just some random notes about my nine-week-old baby boy:
He likes to put himself to sleep. I can't get over this - I've never had a baby do that before. A few times he's let me rock him, but usually when he gets sleepy he'll fuss and squirm until he's swaddled and put down in his crib. And out he goes.
He's getting really smiley.
He's finding his voice - he makes little dinosaur sounds and he smiles when you repeat them back to him. (By "you" I mean me.)
He's putting his fat rolls back on. Even the one on the back of his neck. As of his check-up today, he weighs 12 lbs, 2 oz.
He's settling into a more predictable routine. He sleeps, eats, poops, and plays. Repeat several times each day. His happy play times are getting a little bit longer.
He likes to nap in his swing and sleep in his crib.
He likes me best. Don't listen to Will.
He's still getting up at 4:30ish every morning to eat. He usually goes back to sleep without much fuss, so I guess it could be a lot worse.
I caught him staring at his fist the other day. He hasn't learned how to control it, but he thinks it's pretty fascinating, regardless.
He still has a bit of red in his hair. He doesn't seem to be losing too much of it. A little in the back is all.
I do a little victory cheer in my head each time I manage to change his diaper without getting squirted. Unfortunately, I don't get to cheer all that often.
He makes eyes at me while he drinks his bottle. He's kind of a flirt. (Did I mention he likes me best?)
I really really like him. The other day he had a blow-out. As soon as I got him stripped down and cleaned up, I put him in his crib so I could attend to the rocking chair, carpet, and myself. (Yeah, it was a bad one.) When I got everything cleaned up and came back in to get him dressed, I found him playing in his crib, talking to himself, happy as a clam. And he looked so cute and so happy that I fell in love with him just a little bit more. As if that were possible.




6 comments:
He's so handsome! Hooray for a baby that puts himself to sleep!
This post made me smile. What a good baby! I'll just take him as my next baby.
What an adorable boy! His smile made me smile... he sounds like a dream baby:)
He is so cute! I need to meet this little guy!
I need to see him!
He is so cute! And I love all the fun things you have documented about him. Way to go!
Post a Comment