Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Three.

DSC_1853 DSC_1849 DSC_1851

Happy Birthday Londyn!

Londyn's favorite color is purple.  I'm not sure when it started - she's been obsessed with purple for as long as I can remember.  A lot of her favorite things are merely copy-cats of Jacey's favorites (favorite food, favorite game, etc.)  But purple is all Londyn.  (Jacey's favorite color is pink.)

So it seemed fitting that we should celebrate her third birthday with a "Purplicious Party."

DSC_1824

DSC_1820 DSC_1863

We didn't really plan for everybody to wear purple but it worked out that way.  And I think it made the party that much more fun. 

DSC_1827 DSC_1832

Playing SuperFrog and Pink, Pink, Purple. (aka Duck Duck Goose)  Will was a good sport and put on the purple t-shirt I got him.

DSC_1836DSC_1839

DSC_1845  

 

Playing "Purple Monster Where's Your Loot?  Somebody Stole it From your BOOT!"  (Yes, I know it's a stretch . . . but Londyn really wanted to play this game and I had to make it fit with the theme, didn't I?)

DSC_1869

The Purple Party-goers:  Londyn and her cousins.

DSC_1889 DSC_1893 DSC_1899

Limbo!  (Smug Emma . . . "Don't these amateurs know you can just walk under it??)

After the kids games all of Londyn's Aunts, Uncles, Grandmas and Grandpas came over for lunch and cake & ice cream.

DSC_1904

What a good sport Grandpa Russell is for wearing purple!  (And rest assured - next to that 7up there is purple grape soda.)

DSC_1907 

A purplicious picnic pizza party!

DSC_1917

How convenient that Londyn should get a Snow White dress-up for her birthday!  It just so happens that she wants to be Snow White for Halloween.  What are the odds?? ;)

DSC_1822

DSC_1927 DSC_1933

Londyn's cake was supposed to look like the cake in the book.  It didn't really.  But I give myself a bonus point anyway for staying on-theme.  I don't think I got a picture of the inside, but the cake was purple too.  And I lucked out and found purple ice cream.

All in all, it was a fun day.  Londyn was so cute and excited that it was her special day.  She made sure to give everybody hugs and say thank you while she was opening gifts, and then as everybody was leaving she told them all "Thank you for coming to my purple birthday party."  We're really lucky to have so much family nearby.  It feels good to fill up the house once in a while.

Some notes about Londyn . . .

  • She loves to learn.  I think she's pretty jealous of Jacey going to school this year.  She pulls out her babies and plays school a lot while Jacey's gone.
  • She has the most hilarious facial expressions.  I can't do them justice in writing.  But she raises her eyebrows, turns her head to the side and says things like "You know mom, I already knew that."
  • She speaks shockingly well for a 3-year-old.  Even the pediatrician commented on it yesterday at her well-child visit.  Will's uncle is an audiologist/speech-language pathologist, and he said a few weeks ago that he's never heard a 3-year-old as articulate as Londyn is. 
  • She is kind of a punk.  I try to scold her and she just sits there and grins.  She thinks she's funny, even when she's really getting in trouble.
  • She is really starting to love playing with friends.  She's in a little play-group swap with some neighbors and she really gets excited about that.  She plays with Blake on Friday mornings (Marie and I swap babysitting once a week) and they are so stinking cute together.  (They went through a phase where they didn't get along all that well, but I'm pleased to say that they've grown out of it.  They really get excited to see each other now.)
  • She LOVES her grandparents.  A common conversation after her nap is "Mom what are we going to do tonight?"  "I don't know, nothing really."  "I've got a great idea!  We should go see Grandma at Grandma's house!"
  • She looks forward to nursery each week.  At Family Home Evening on Monday nights we always do scheduling - we each say what we have going on that week so we can work out any schedule conflicts, etc.  When Will asks Londyn what she has going on this week, her answer is always "Um, nursery and . . . that's it."  She has a fantastic nursery leader who has really made it a great experience for Londyn.  I can't believe she'll be a sunbeam in January.
  • She loves tagging along on Jacey's tennis lessons with Dad.  She takes her badminton racquet along and thinks she's big time.  Next year, Londyn bean.
  • When Londyn hears "Pocketful of Sunshine" start to play, she busts out into this little jig that makes me laugh so hard.  She used to stick her pointer fingers out and just shake her bum, but now she just kind of jumps around.  I've been trying to trick her into doing it while the video camera is on but she won't be duped.  This is the best I have. (It's crappy because I have no idea how to do video on my new camera.  I was just messing around, trying to figure it out.)

 

Londyn is a character.  Crazy, zany, hilarious . . . unless somebody is watching.  She reminds me so much of myself!  My mom always said that she couldn't get me to be quiet and my teachers at school couldn't get me to open my mouth. 

I can't believe it's been three years already.

Oh and one more thing before I end this marathon post . . . what do you do after a Purplicious Party when you have a dozen purple balloons floating around?

DSC_1935

If you're my husband, you strap them to Londyn's baby and see if they make her float.

DSC_1942

They don't.

THE END.

10 comments:

Julie T. said...

First of all, I LOVE the pictures above your stairs! Okay, and the Purplicious birthday theme is SO cute! You did a great job- I'm sure Londyn had the best time:)

Carolyn said...

Do you always have to do EVERYTHING perfect? Way to go, it all looked great. And Londyn is such a cute little girl. I love having her over. She always says such funny things!

Alex said...

Looks like such a fun party! Love the pics!

Rachel B. said...

Londyn's my kind of girl! I'm sure she LOVED that party! That would have been my dream party as a little girl....and maybe even now. Everything is so so darling down to the teeniest purple detail. Londyn sounds like quite the little character....you can tell she's a goofball just from some of her facial expressions in these pictures. And she looks so pretty especially in those top photos. Well planned party momma! Also, I obviously haven't really spent any time with Londyn to completely know how well she speaks, but that video you posted of the "cousin's camp" song and just the things you quote from her, surprise the heck out of me. Smart, smart little girl.

Marylin said...

Happy Birthday sweet 3 year old!! Lexi would love a purple party!! That is her favorite color too!! Great pictures, great party, great cake!! Great MOM!!! :)

Wilde Things said...

Have I told you how similar our girls are. My Abby (5) loves pink. And my Emma (3) imitates everything Abby does, except that her favorite color is purple! We had to get purplicous too. Emma carries it in her backpack, along with her blue (which she says is almost purple) hand sanitizer.
I am super impressed at the fun, cute party! Man girl, where do you find the time? You are an awesome mom!

Chris and Tenielle said...

Very cute Cynthia!! What a cute birthday theme! You are so inspiring!

Leah said...

Loved all the pictures. I always love your pictures. Looks like a fun party...so cute!

Ronda said...

What a fun party. Aubrey's favorite color is purple too. My husband thinks it's because Emily always had to have pink of everything so aubrey got stuck with the other color which is usually purple.

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

So so cute Cynthia! You did a great job! Londyn is such a cute girl; I LOVE the video! I really love the picture all of the cousins squishing her. So cute!