Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Blah.

Dear January,

You've only been our houseguest for 9 short days and I hate to be an intolerant hostess, but you have hereby offically worn out your welcome. You see, you come in here with a roaring party and we expect such great things. Excitement! Fun! Family time! And then . . . disappointment. Everybody goes back to work, back to their schedules, back to their routines. And when your party has ended, you become uninspiring and unmotivating. All of those grand ideas of things I wanted to do after the holidays . . . you zapped them. And you left "blah" in their place. Now if it were just me, I would let you stay. But you're affecting the kids. Your lousy weather makes them whiney, clostrophobic, and somehow more hungry than usual. (I'm not sure how you managed that one, but it's true.) And what you're doing to my poor husband - I simply cannot tolerate. I know, I know - February and March share the blame with you in making him work 'round the clock, but you are the instigator. You started it. I do regret this course of action. You did, in fact, bring a lovely party on day 1 and several hours worth of college football in the week following. And it's true that you, unlike July, get dark at a reasonable hour thus making bedtime easier. But I'm afraid it's not enough to make up for the dreary, lifeless, monotone feeling permiating our home. So that's it. Pack your bags. You're out.

Cordially,

Cynthia Robins

PS - No, I did not take your picture. Somebody else did. I just thought we'd had too many pictureless posts lately, don't you agree?

5 comments:

Wilde Things said...

I agree! Oh, my girls are so whiny and my head won't stop pounding. January, you better head Cynthia's warning and be on your way.

Emily Call said...

can I add to your post? with winter comes yucky sicknesses, which cause whiny kids and tired mommies and a very messy, germ-infested house!

Amy said...

You crack me up! I love this post!! And yes, January is awful in this house as well. We are always sick the entire month! Can't wait for Spring!

Rachel B. said...

Love it! Thanks for taking the lead on kicking January out. I'm not too fond of it myself. I was watching Family Feud (yep, I'm a busy girl) and one of the questions in the final round was what's the most boring month of the year...January was #1.

Creative Corner said...

I think you are way to good at everything! you should be a proffesional photographer, writer, scrapbooker, I know there are many other things!

All the while I am still trying to find a talent...hehehe just kidding