A snapshot of Calvin's babyhood at five-months-minus-one-week:
Every once in a while he smiles so big it almost doesn't fit on his face. He's got a "Davis smile" I think. (Think my dad, me, Nathan . . . all examples of "Davis smile".)
He rolls from his back to his tummy and gets stuck there. Then he screams. We flip him back over and he immediately rolls onto his tummy again. Repeat indefinitely.
He likes his feet. He is constantly grabbing them and playing with them. Even when he's in his bumbo, he leans over the side so he can play with his toes.
Speaking of his bumbo, one of his favorite activities is sitting in his bumbo, staring at himself in the mirror while I blow-dry my hair. He is fascinated with that handsome guy.
He cuddles with his dad. It is so so so so so so so unfair.
We call him Cal Bear, Calbert, Caaaalviiiiin (as in Alvin & the Chipmunks), or any variation of Fussy McFusserton, depending on what he's doing (Poopy McPooperton, Spitty McSpiterton). Londyn calls him "Calv".
He's big. 15 lb 5 oz at his 4 month checkup 3 weeks ago.
He is the squirmiest eater I've ever had, and could ever imagine. He is constantly moving and squirming and knocking the bottle out of his own mouth. Feedings are not a mellow affair. Diaper changes follow a similar pattern.
His eyes are changing color. I thought they would stay blue, but they're not. It's hard to say if they're going brown or green. Right now they look a little more brown.
He is starting to go to bed a little bit earlier - closer to 9 than 10, and 11 is pretty rare now, thank goodness.
His favorite toy is a 5-legged octopus. Which I think is an oxymoron, but he loves it regardless.
I've put off starting him on cereal. Because that feels like the beginning of the end of babyhood, and I'm not ready for that.
I feel his babyhood slipping through my fingers. In some ways that is good, but mostly bad. I won't miss not being able to put him down between the hours of 6 and 9 pm. I won't miss getting up to give him back his binky at 4, 5, and 6 am. I won't miss the blow-outs. But other than that, I would kind of like to freeze time for forever.




8 comments:
Oh man he is sooooooo cute! I am super impressed that he is sleeping all night, I still am getting up 2 maybe 3 times! ugg
He's cute...and I need to see him again. Soon.
He really is adorable. And looking kind of grown up. Make it stop.
Cynthia, I just love him! He's making me want a boy baby really bad! I find out next week and I'm really nervous that our twindom (new word) will end. These pictures are just darling! I'm sending my baby to you when he or she is born for a photoshoot. :)
He is a cute little fella! I wish he would come cuddle with me!
holy moly - he is DARLING. i want kidnap him! he is like a perfect mixture of london & jacey.
i have about 7 weeks left and then john and i will be outnumbered. would you be willing to take pictures of our new little one? you are so talented.
ash
A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.
Post a Comment