I have been trying for MONTHS to get a cute snapshot of Londyn. She is at such a hard age to get a picture of! She does not want to hold still, and when she is holding still she does not want to look at the camera, and when she is looking at the camera she does not want to smile. So I settled for 2 out of 3.
Anyway, I am happy to get a cute picture of her. And if you disagree and don't think this is a cute picture, I have 2 responses. 1 -- Please just don't tell me. Keep it to yourself. And 2 -- You come try and take one!
Other news from the homefront: my Christmas shopping is done. Yep! Done! That is, until Dad pulls me aside at 4:30 on Christmas Eve and says he hasn't gotten anything for my mom yet and will I go to the mall with him. But that's a story for a different therapy session. Probably the reason I am done early is because we are having a rather lean Christmas this year. We realized after Christmas last year that our girls just do not need a ton of stuff to be happy. Jacey is so excited for Christmas, I seriously think she would be happy with just a stocking. And so we are taking advantage of the opportunity to SIMPLIFY.
And as a post script, a note explaining my infrequent postings:
It's cold down here.
Our computer is in the unfinished basement, and it is freezing down here. Especially at night after the girls are in bed, which is usually when I have the free time to come type out a post. I just don't have the heart to face the ice chamber. We have been trying to figure out a way to move it upstairs into our bedroom just for the winter, but there is just too much. Too many cords, to much junk, just too much. Maybe a space heater is my answer. The cold is also affecting my scrapbooking. I just haven't done any. I come down for the bare minimum, and then run back upstairs and jump under my super comfy comforter, which I have taken to toting around the house with me. And which is the coziest blanket I have ever owned. It was made for us as a wedding present from the Relief Society ladies in my parents' ward. It is thrashed, but I can't bring myself to replace it. It's that cozy. Will keeps pestering me to make us another, not because it's thrashed, but because he wants his own. I guess I steal covers. Who knew?
And that's all I got. So I'll be back when the keyboard thaws out, maybe in April. :)






8 comments:
Yippy, I love new posts. What a cute picture! And I still LOVE the "how dare you try and take my picture" picture. Those 2 are my favorites now. I don't think I'd be spending much time down in my cold basement either. You need to get your own mini-space heater just for the purpose of blogging! Blogging is important stuff. I don't think I can make it through all winter without Cynthia's blog being updated! :)
That ia an adorable picture, I feel your pain as far as picture taking goes! My little one was so naughty this year! I do enjoy reading your blog so, PLEASE! do whatever it takes...thanks!
I love 4 things about this picture:
Her little baby teeth!
Her cute little chin.
That you caught her shiny eyes. Little kids always have shiny eyes, but grownups, not so much.
And I was just reading a chapter about taking pictures of children and how spatially, its a good idea to a familiar item in the picture (i.e. the baby in the grownup hands), even if its out of focus or to the side, so everybody can get an idea of how big or small the child is. You've done exactly this withe the couch. You are such a pro!
Great picture.
On more thing, sorry for being a comment hog. Thanks for addressing the idea of simplifying Christmas.
I love the picture. I think it is absolutely the best! I know I have told you before, but I think she has the cutest cheeks ever. Oh, and by the way, you paid me too much for the hair clips... I will be returning some money.
Okay, Cynthia. What is your secret? You totally have the best, most beautiful pictures. Are you a closet professional or something? Is it the camera? Or the ultra cute daughters you have? I love all your pictures. I swear they look like they are from a magazine. Will you take pictures of my kids? They have no problem smiling! I need some photography lessons from you!
That picture is so darling. I love it! And that is awesome you are all done Christmas shopping.
Cynthia! I'm so glad to see you have a blog. I actually have a way of keeping dibs on my long-lost friend who lives so close to me yet I never, ever see. So, you have a new stalker. Your girls are beautiful! Your family is adorable! I never knew you were such an avid scrap booker--it was all Bro. Morely's doing, wasn't it?
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
My computer is in the basemet too, I freeze too, and I know we should move the computer, but what a pain.
Post a Comment